Following the publication of the Re-Surfacing.com article “Brand Slam” this webinar explores how the Melfort & District Curling Club has positioned itself with “We’re worth investing in, you should curl with us, and we’re kind of fun”. That’s attracting investments, members and bonspielers in Melfort, Saskatchewan where they will host Curling Day in Canada 2024.
Host Colleen O’Shea, the publisher of Re-Surfacing.com interviews members of the Melfort CC Board and Planning Committee – President Corey Faye, Board member and Planning Committee member Kerrie DeGooijer and Nick Fagnou, Head of the Planning Committee as well as Chad Kelly from the Whitewood Curling Club (Whitewood, Saskatchewan) who has run a hugely successful Farmers and Friends Bonspiel for the past 6 years, as well as Scott Scherman, Marketing Technical Director for Bourgault Industries, the company that bought the naming rights to the rink, and Dustin Mikush from CurlSask.
Here are some suggestions from the webinar:
- Don’t be scared to ask questions from other people – like successful grant applicants – to find out what worked for them
- Use positive messaging and avoid the negative language. Spin it so it’s positive.
- Become active in social media
- Reach out to your local curling
- Follow the Melfort & District Curling Club on Facebook to see what they’re doing
- Ask your curling associations for assistance. They may have templates you could be using that will make communications easier.
Did you like this webinar and want to see something similar in the future? Subscribe to Re-Surfacing.com (top right) or leave a comment down below!