Author: Colleen O'Shea

Carbon Monoxide and Ice Arenas

Earlier this month, 19 players from the women’s ice hockey game between the Wisconsin Badgers and the Lindenwood Lions went to St. Louis-area hospitals to be checked for carbon monoxide poisoning. Luckily, all of the players were treated and released. Firemen were deployed to the Lions’ home ice, the Lindenwood Ice Arena in Wentzville, MO., to measure the arena’s indoor air quality where unusually high levels of carbon monoxide were found. All scheduled activities for the twin-pad arena were immediately cancelled as the hunt for the source of the poisonous gas began. Arenas and Carbon Monoxide Prevention Unfortunately, whenever you have equipment run by fossil fuels in an indoor...

Read More

Follow me on Twitter

Subscribe to Re-Surfacing

Join 25 other subscribers